Saturday, September 4, 2010

Having a Scrappy-Long Weekend

So the hubby let me {sleep} last night and got up to feed our son. He actually got off really easy cause Quinn slept 9 hours straight. So really he only had to get up once (this morning) at 7:30, which he probably would have gotten up at that time anyway. But then...

...when I got up around 8:30, he informed me that it was "Daddy/Son" day, and he was going to take over all baby duties, so I could spend time in my studio. As if I was going to say no to that! So I did just what he suggested, and hunkered down in my studio and got creative!

I do have to admit, it was very hard not to run upstairs every time I heard the Hobo cry or fuss. But I trust DH (afterall he looked after him for the first 48 hours after he was born exclusively while I recovered, and got up with him every night for the first week home). So I let my anxiety go, and let my mojo in {and this is what happened}...

{notes} The flower in the top left was made from ric-rac using this tutorial here.

{notes} The background was made from two sheets of kraft cardstock. One of them was cut into strips and borders using my punches. I slightly chalked the edges of these strips before adhering them onto the other piece of kraft cardstock. I got this idea from a recent issue of Scrapbooks Etc.

{notes} I used drywall tape as a mask to paint the texture you see behind the "Sleep" title. I love my drywall tape! I use it so much! Seriously...go pick up a roll!

See my note above about {drywall tape}. For those of you that know my work, you know that in the past year I've used it so many times I can't even count! I LOVE that stuff! You can use it as a mask, or even attach it right to your layout (it can be painted & inked too)! Hmmm...I think I smell a tutorial in the near future. Would anyone be interested in playing with drywall tape if I gave some ideas and examples? Leave a comment here and let me know. If there is enough interest I'll do one. And if you've already played with it yourself, post a {link} so I can see!

Keep on scrappin,

No comments:

Post a Comment